We all use mobile phones throughout the day, disregarding radiations which they emit. These mobile phones have radiation emitted that are hazardous and cause adverse effects on health, after their continuous exposures are severe. These consequences need constant attention from the public. It’s vital that awareness is created regarding the after-effects of mobile phones and radiations. How can it be lessened?
It is very important to take cautious steps to protect yourself from the mobile phone and their radiations. Following are few tips which can be followed in day-to-day life to protect oneself and moderate the exposure to the mobile phone’s radiation:
- Evade Body Contact: It is advisable that one avoids using or carrying the mobile phone against their head or body all the time. A distance of 10mm between you and the mobile phone is recommended. You should avoid keeping the phone in your pockets.
- Message More: Texting is better than talking on the mobile phone. As the distance created between you and the radiations emanated from the phone, while texting gives a larger cushion between your hands and the body.
- Speaker Mode or a Wired Headset Usage: While you are using a mobile phone on speaker mode or a wired headset, the amount of radiation your head absorbs is less. Speakers or wired headsets ease the amount of radiations that you are exposed to. You can use Bluetooth headsets or even better wearable tech devices like talkband.
- Smaller Duration of Calls: Reduce the duration of your phone calls. Lesser the time you take while talking, the lesser will be your exposure to radiations, which your mobile phone would emit.
- Switch the phone to and fro at the Time of Talking: You should not use same side of your head while talking on the mobile phone, as that leads to exposure of only one side of your head to the radiations from the mobile phone.
- Evade using mobile phone on Low Signals: Evade using your mobile phone if there is a weak signal or while you are moving at a lightning speed i.e. in a car or train. In such a situation your mobile phone increases its diffusing power because, it can connect to the nearest mobile phone tower. Also, your mobile phone’s battery drains faster and you get more radiations under such instances.
- Wait for the Call to Get Connected and Use Airplane Mode: Do not put your mobile phone next to your ears before it is connected as it emits the most powerful radiations while getting connected. While you are sleeping or not using your mobile phone turn it off or put it on airplane mode. Keep your mobile phone away from you while you are sleeping at night. Your mobile phone keeps emitting radiations even while it’s not in use.
Therefore, it is recommended to make some efforts in same, these easy tips are sure to keep oneself safe from mobile phones and its radiations.